Monday, April 12, 2010

Nursery Reveal

The day has come...the long awaited nursery reveal! This will be a photo entry for the most part, but I will add captions to explain everything as we go along.


The crib with our quilt from my friend Chantal...she's a brilliant quilt artist and I have loved this
quilt since the day I saw it

Close up of the quilt, and Bug's new best friends - Hurley the Elephant from FAO Schwartz and his Bug Bear from Nana and Grandpa Szem.
Fully stocked, and neatly organized (for now) closet



A few more friends that we'll likely see around the house...in the car...being taken on trips...everywhere

Grandma Dale's rocking chair, complete with friends Griddles the Bear and Belvedere the Dog...perfect snuggly blanket from Auntie Debbie, and curtains made out of twin flat sheets and some turquoise ribbon!
Yankee Stadium...baseballs and baseball bats...Doubleday Field
Top of the dresser

Picture of Poppa tied to his pipe band drum sticks...Bug's first CAT Loader (just like his Poppa used to drive at work)


All of the books we've read so far...and a piece of turf from the Skydome fro Uncle B (it's really C's...but it is a really nice touch to the nursery!)


The almost finished dresser. The door is just being stained right now and the shelves will house bath supplies, receiving blankets, baby wipes and creams etc. Would you believe this dresser used to be a honey blonde colour!?


Bug's CD player, with Rockabye Baby CD's, on an antique stool from Nana and Grandad Szem

We love how everything turned out and can't wait for the finishing touches...like his name over the crib, mobile and maybe an area rug to give some warmth to the room.

12 comments:

Sara said...

It looks really lovely! You did an awesome job decorating it and I'm sure Bug will feel calm and relaxed while snoozing in there. The CD player reminded me of the Beatles music. Any chance you could copy the CDs and leave them w/ your mom so that when my mom's next in town she could pick them up when she drops off the next bag of clothes? A's been listening to my iPod a lot lately and would love some Beatles tunes on there.

Maria said...

I really like how you did the chocolate strip in the middle- was that hard? Looks great~

Shan said...

YES!! S I totally forgot, I'm so sorry!! I'll get that done today!!

Maria - it actually wasn't too bad - we measured around the room up the height we wanted and made a pencil mark every couple of inches...then taped it off and painted!

Synchrosally said...

OMG. It looks so great! I love all the personal touches you added. Great photos! Love it, love it, love it!

Unknown said...

Looks great! We are stocking up on the Rockababy cd's too!! So much fun!! I love the stain on the dresser, you guys did great!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!! Bug will be so comfortable there!

jenni from the blog said...

Oh hun, it looks gorgeous! Great job!!

Shan said...

thanks ladies!! :)

Michelle said...

Very cute, I like that it is simple. What do you plan on putting on the wall behind the baby? I think it needs some sort of artwork or a cool book shelf. Of course not right above the crib.:)

Shan said...

his name!!! I just can't post it until June!!!

Michelle said...

Oh gotcha. That will be nice. Dang, everyone is keeping baby names a seceret even my BFPB.

sarah said...

It looks great!!! the room we want for our nursery ( one day ) is the exact same layout!! Great to see that we have very similar ideas where things should go!!

Great Job!