Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A New Poll

So folks...do you think I'm going to need to be induced??

I'm definitely still contracting, but they aren't getting regular or any more intense than they were yesterday when we were at the hospital. The pressure is getting a little more intense, but I don't think we're quiet to the point of breakage yet. I'm still drinking the disgusting Raspberry Tea, and it's helping the contractions come a little more regularly, and Im still stretching out my hips by rocking and rolling on my yoga ball. I'm hesitant to do much while C's at work...what if my water actually breaks and I start labouring hard all on my own!?

What do you think? Do you think we're going to get to our Friday appointment and have to choose an induction date?

To be totally honest with you, I will be shocked if my water breaks all on its own. Getting into active labour has definitely been a pain in the piriformis, so I highly doubt that I am going to spontaneously burst. A very big part of me is planning to make it to Friday, at which point I figure there's no harm in asking the doctor if he'll break my water right there in the office, and then we'll have a short 10 minute drive to the hospital and we can get this show on the road!

2 comments:

Tracy Eyles said...

I don't think you'll actually be induced. You might have to set an induction date but you'll probably go on your own just before;)

Sara said...

Your body is showing you that it knows what to do and is getting ready ... if you can hang in there I think you'll go on your own but, if not, I don't think it'll take more than breaking your water (which your doc would likely only agree to do at the hospital, not in his office).