Well...I think both C and I are at the point where we're taking matters into our own hands.
Being the lovely husband that he is, he booked me a prenatal massage at my favourite spa yesterday afternoon. All I can say is that Wendy, the rmt, was brilliant. I explained that I've been in going back and forth between early and active labour for a few weeks now, am due any day now and that I would like to focus on any pressure points that may help things along. I wanted to make sure that she knew that labour is rather imminent and that she wasn't going to freak out or panic.
She was fabulous! Before I went, I asked Godmomma what areas I should have worked on (she's also an rmt) and she suggested my piriformis. I felt so smart saying that to Wendy...hahaha. I also asked for my hips and lower back to be loosened up since everything is stretching so far forward these days, I'm constantly in pain.
She did my back while I was sitting on a stool, sort of hunched over the massage table. I thought the position was a little weird at first, but honestly...with all of that weight out front, it felt so great to let my belly just hang there, and I didn't have to worry about flipping over, trying to get more comfortable. She explained that she preferred that position for her pregnant clients (she's treating 4 momma-to-be's right now!) because she can get at the muscles a little easier and use more pressure etc. It was fantastic.
Then came the piriformis...oh gosh...holy exposure! MommaT also suggested getting this worked on, and actually went into labour the same day...and at this point I am willing to try anything. It felt absolutely amazing! Apparently, my piriformis (I think I just like the word at this point...piriformis, piriformis, piriformis) is pretty loose! She finished off my hamstrings and calves, ankles and feet, then I flipped over onto my back and she did some hip opening mobility stretches and suggested that I spend some time on my yoga ball in the evening.
It's a very strange feeling to have your bum being massaged while you feel a baby inside you wiggle down and the muscles around your hips and belly start to loosen! Strange, but productive!
I convinced C to take me out for dinner last night.
But honey, it could be our last date night!
Spicy spring rolls and fajita's....then we went for a walk once we got home. The contractions started coming about halfway through dinner, and though they were growing in intensity, there was absolutely no pattern to them at all. They continued more regularly throughout our walk, but seemed to shorten in their length and the intensity was more like cramping than a good swift contraction.
Okay...where's the yoga ball? We got home and threw LOST on while I rocked on the yoga ball and had a few more stronger contractions. Perhaps this will work!
Nope...I resigned myself to the fact that it wasn't going to happen last night, and threw in the towel at around 11pm. I figured that if true contractions were to come on, even sleep wouldn't keep them at bay so I might as well try to relax and get some rest.
Bug's movements have definitely slowed down, to the point of panic this morning, and my belly is very tight and sore today. I think we'll try some raspberry leaf tea today, another walk, and maybe some spicy foods....
Fingers crossed!
1 comment:
I tried a labour induction strategy today. No luck, not even a little. Oh well, still worth it! ;)
Post a Comment