Today is the review of the diaper bag...and all things that go in it!
Skip Hop Via Messenger Bag
I was a little hesitant when we were picking out a diaper bag for my Mother’s Day gift this year. I wanted something stylin and almost like a purse, however C wanted something practical and manly. We compromised with the Skip Hop Via Messenger Bag in black, with a sleek silver lining. Do I wish it had a lovely black and white damask design? Yes. However...the pockets on the inside are amazing enough to make me not care about it being girly! It has two bottle pockets, which are lined with pockets for flexible icepacks, a zippered pocket and three open pockets. The zippered pocket we use for the formula scoop since it gets sticky, and two of the three pockets we use for diapers and wipes. The third pocket is my stuff – extra deodorant for the days I forget, breast pads, and typically an extra soother or two. The big open space in the centre usually has a hat, receiving blanket, sweater and onesie...just in case! On the outside there are another five pockets and two bottle holders. There is a long rectangular pocket on the front which usually holds my wallet and camera, then a pocket on the back that is antimicrobial for dirty diapers. On the flap there are two pockets, perfect for keys and a Blackberry! All in all, a very wise purchase! And it comes with stroller clips, so it hangs right on the handles so everything is within reach, right when I need it.

Pampers Swaddlers
Our diaper of choice! The Newborn ones even have a line that turns green when it needs to be changed, making those first few weeks at home a little bit easier for new parents!
They fit snug, which is great since Owen is on the long and lean side of things, and they are very absorbent as well. They don’t get bulky when full, which I really like, and we have very few leaks. He could go an entire night of not being changed, and not leak through everything he's wearing/touching.
Huggies Organic Diapers
HATE. I have nothing good to say about Huggies diapers. They leak, they are bulky...he blows out of them (he blows out of Pampers on occasion, but not as often by far) To be honest, I haven’t met a mommy yet who prefers Huggies to Pampers. To each their own, I’m sure those Mom’s are out there...but I am not one of them. Edit: I wrote this a few days ago, and last night reaffirmed my loathing for these diapers. He soaked through them, his clothes, his sleepsac, and his carseat liner (we had sleep issues last night). Yes, we hadn't changed his diaper in a while, but had it been a Pampers...it would have been full and damp, but not soaking through everything!

RazBaby Keep-it-Kleen Pacifiers
Owen LOVES these and we think they are super cute. The great part about them is that if they drop on the floor, they close up, keeping the soother part nice and clean. My only gripe with them is that if Owen sucks really hard, the keep-it-kleen part makes a ring around his face. But...if they keep him happy, we’re all for them!
Avent Translucent Pacifiers
By far, these are Owen’s favourite. They are orthodontic, which we love, and Owen finds them easy to suck on...which we also love. They’re inexpensive, and he doesn’t look like eyes with a pacifier. It’s a soother...not much to say here! Oh! They have glow-in-the-dark handles, which makes finding them in his bassinet/crib/carseat at night super easy!

Arm&Hammer Diaper Duck by Munchkin
We got this as a gift from Tracy&Crew, and honestly...it’s awesome! We’ve had a few blowouts in the car...stroller...carseat...while we’re out shopping and if there’s no public garbage (sorry City of London!) that we can dispose of the goods in, this comes in handy! Just pop it in the diaper bag, and we’re good to go! And it smells good too!
Tune in tomorrow when I review all things feeding!

4 comments:
I'm a Huggies lover!!! Every baby is so differently shaped. My son leaks out of Pampers, and he has never leaked with Huggies. I will say that I don't like the organic Huggies that you pictured, for some reason whenever they are wet with pee, they REEK.
As far as the sticky formula scoop, do you have a travel formula dispenser? Munchkin makes one, it has 3 sections where you put the formula, then you just pour it into the bottle, add water, shake, and you're done! No sticky scoop in your bag. Here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009ET94A/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000RFCXIK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1R73TTJDDBYP8913P4VP
I second the dispenser! We have 3 =) We are Pampers Swaddlers people too-a long and lean baby! We use the disposable bags as well...
Funny you should mention the formula dispenser...guess what I got today! haha
And Shizz!! They SOOOOO reek! EW! And when he exploded today through them, oh my gosh I wanted to puke! I haven't tried regular Huggies, do they fit differently than the Organics?
I totally agree with you. Neither one of my kids could wear the Huggies. They were always wet when I used them. My sister-in-law swears by them so I guess it really does depend on the baby and maybe how much they move around. My little ones were always super hyper so they moved around to the point that I think the other diapers couldn't quite keep up;) It's too bad that I didn't realize that you didn't have a formula dispenser. I just got rid of the two we had last weekend. They are great and as for the diaper duck...we still use it for milk spilled clothes and muddy falls at the park.
Post a Comment