She's very very very special to me, and it was so touching to see her meet Owen for the first time and play with him...and fall in love with him.
You see, my Aunt Jacqui is my fairy Godmother {wings, wand and crown included}. She was my Dad's best friend and when I get the chance to be around her (she lives in British Columbia), it feels like my Dad is there with us {queue waterworks right about now}.
These days, I really miss my Dad. I think about him constantly and wonder if he's proud of the tough decisions that C and I have had to make for Owen. I wonder how he would have played with him. I wonder when he would have started teaching him to play the drums and if he would have put him on his shoulders during a parade like he did when I was little {we even made it into the paper one time!}.
I miss what could have been, and seeing Aunt Jacqui brought a flood of emotion for me. We shared a very long heart-to-heart on our first visit, and while Owen was napping had alot of tears and a good snuggle on the couch. I sort of turned into a 5 year old version of myself...aside from the thumb sucking and Strawberry Shortcake doll that went with me everywhere (aptly named Berry).
She assured that scared little girl that her Dad is proud of her and would stand by her decision. She gave me the biggest and best hugs that I could have ever asked for, and it truly felt like Dad was there hugging us both.
Here are a few pictures from our visit
On the swings...naturally
Snuggles with his Great GodGramma
Giving high-fives
Going upside down...weeeeeeee!

The best Fairy Godmother a girl could have
Love you, Aunt Jac!
1 comment:
*TEARS POURING FROM EYEBALLS*
....enough said.
Post a Comment